We have dedicated courses for students who are learning a foreign language such as Spanish and French, because they own holiday homes in Europe or further afield. Some students want to move there permanently to live and work, others have set their sights on moving there in the future and others dream of retiring abroad.
Students want to learn and improve their language levels for many reasons, including:
- Integrating into their local community. Ordering food and drinks and finding your way around is all very well but you can't expect to truly be a part of your adopted community if you can't discuss things that really matter - what's going on locally, tourism, politics (Brexit anyone..?) and so on. To make friends with neighbours, you need to commit to learning the language otherwise it can be quite lonely and take longer to settle in.
- Managing everyday tasks. You'll need to know how to pay your bills, deal with tradesmen or builders, figure out your tax situation, speak to lawyers/estate agents/accountants, schools, the workplace and a lot (lot) more. Having a certain level of fluency is important so that you can accurately convey what you need.
Our foreign language classes:
- Are tailored to your region(s) of interest. Eg, if you're learning Spanish because you're moving to Marbella, you'll need to know how the 'andaluces' speak. Their accent is likely to be different to someone living in Barcelona. The culture is different too as are the laws so we'll teach you all about this.
- Teach you practical scenarios. You'll learn all the usual topics you'd expect to learn such as finding your way around, travelling, your home etc. If you're about to plan a visit, we'll prepare you before you head out.
- Boost your confidence. Learning the theory in class is great but if you're not practising when you're abroad, then it's not much good... Our tutors focus on speaking first so you'll have lots of chances to make mistakes and improve!
- Help with employment and property searches. Looking for employment, need help with your CV, want to practise your interview skills or need help with renting, buying or selling properties? We have experience in all of these areas.