TED Talks are an amazing resource for students! If you haven't heard of them, they're a collection of talks and videos on anything and everything: from social issues, to education, politics, science, business and a lot more.
Here's why we love using them so much in class:
- Easy search facility - choose by topic, keyword, language, duration etc.
- Each video has a transcript and subtitles that you can switch on/off
- You can even speed up and slow down the pace - perfect for helping with your listening skills
- Footnotes provide great pointers and they also include time stamps
- You can read comments underneath - great for learning "real life" language.