Both Skype and Zoom allow you to video record your language lessons if you wanted to save them for revision purposes. Just make sure you ask your teacher before recording!
Here's what that looks like in Skype (both student and teacher can record on Skype):
- Click the '+' sign
- Select 'Start recording'
- A banner will appear at the top of the screen to show you're video recording and the teacher will also be notified
- When you press 'Stop recording', the recording will be sent to you in the chat box and available to download for 30 days, after which it'll be deleted.
And for Zoom (only the teacher can record or grant permission for the recording):
- Press 'Record'
- The student will be able to see the recording button
- Select 'Stop recording' to end the recording
- Once the meeting has ended, Zoom will convert the recording and download it
- The folder will automatically open.